Starting a Show With a Bang
It is common for artists to launch their public events with a gathering of friends, clients, and people who have expressed an interest in their art. Numbers may be limited at some of these occasions. Studios may be small and the artists need to know how many people are coming, and it’s not easy to be calm as the time approaches so please remember to RSVP when requested. Why not contact the artists or venues and ask to for an invitation to their previews?
Private Views and Events being organised by some of the ND Art Trek venues.
A few of these are listed below.
To contact the artists, please go to their page where you will find details. Not all events and activities are listed here so do go to the gallery pages and browse the artists and makers. You can also search for the artist’s name.
1. Alex Moore, Venue 19, The Stables at Broomhill – see image, Evening Private View. Contact for details and RSVP.
2. Jill Rouseau Gallery, Venue 12, Bideford – Afternoon PrivateView, 10th September. Tea and cakes. Contact and RSVP.
3. Richard Meyer and Eilean Eland, Venue 13, Preview. The Plough, Torrington, 9th September, 7pm.
4. Mitch Pilkington, Venue 32, Evening Preview, 9th September, 6pm. RSVP please contact Mitch.
5. POP @ White Moose, Venue 22, Barnstaple. Launch, 16th September, 6.30pm. For details and RSVP to lucy(at)whitemoose.co.uk
6. Landmark Theatre, Venue 16, Ilfracombe. An Evening with Gillian Jones – From Moor to Shore The specially arranged evening will consist of a delicious buffet supper, whilst Gill plans to talk about her arts background and what makes her tick artistically, including references to art history and women’s place in it and how this relates to her exhibition. The evening will end with a Q&A. Sunday 18 September – 6pm. Talk and buffet, £15. Pre-booking essential, call; 01271 32 42 42.
7. Micheal Storrs, Venue 8, Evening preview, Friday 9th September form 6-9pm. Please contact Michael.
A Launch is a great opportunity to meet others while enjoying the works on show. If you have been to one, tell us about your experiences in the comment area below.